If you receive payment on the wrong invoice but it is the same client you can do the following to correct this.

1. Go To Customers > Commands > Adjust Receivables

2. Type in a brief description of your action, you can elaborate in the additional memo if you like.

3. Leave the Credit Amount field blank and fill in the Offset Account field with a desired account, i.e. a suspense account.

4. Find the invoice with the wrong payment on it (If the invoice is not in the list click Load All to see it). Then enter a negative amount in the $ Applied field.

5. Find the invoice that you would like the payment to be applied to and enter a positive amount in the $ Applied field.

6. Click OK.

Switch Pay 2012.12.13.jpg

Back to Top