1. Go to Maintenance > User Lists > County Tax Rates. Enter Counties and their Tax Rates. If you are required to collect sales tax by State, enter each state and its tax rate.
2. On the Customer Ship/Adr window, enter the County, or state in the county field.
3. On the Customer window, Edit and Click the Taxable checkbox.
4. Invoices will default to being taxable, but can be overridden.
5. For reporting on Sales Tax, Go to Invoices > Reports > Invoices – sort by County. This report will subtotal invoices and tax by county. Please note that this report Does Not account for adjustments made to A/R through the Other Credits to Invoices window. This report is based on the Invoice File, not the Transaction file.