Note that this is NOT RECOMMENDED and should only be used as a last resort. If this is not done properly you may disrupt your tax tracking. You should be completely familiar with your payroll regulations before attempting these adjustments. AG Systems is not responsible for any errors introduced to the payroll system using these techniques, and we can only provide limited support on this technique.
The following files will need to be edited:
Financial Transactions (FTR)
1. print Reports > Pay Periods > Details for the paid date to be edited. Mark on this report all changes required, for each column, both for the individual record and the totals.
2. print Reports > Employer Taxes > Period Liability: Details for the paid date to be edited. Mark on this report all changes required, for each column, both for the individual record and the totals.
3. Print the Audit Trail (Ledger > Reports) for the paid date.
4. Align the account numbers on the Audit Trail report with each column on the 2 payroll reports.
5. Go to Maintenance > Prog > Windows > Payroll. Find the Payroll Record to be edited. Edit each amount to the correct number. Note that the YTD amounts are also critical for proper tax calculations.
6. Go to Maintenance > Prog > More Windows > Employees. Find the Employee Record to be edited. Edit each amount to the correct number. Note that the YEAR TO DATE cutoff amounts (at the bottom of the window) are critical for proper tax calculations.
7. Go to Maintenance > Prog > Windows > Transactions. Edit each transaction that appears on the audit trail to the correct amount. Reset account balances when done.
8. Print the audit trail again to make sure the delta is 0.00
9. Print Diagnostics when done.
10. When done, you should run the reports as in step 1, 2, and 3 again, and compare the numbers to make sure they all agree.